Network Security's rules take effect as soon as the server cache on the system is cleared. In order to force rules to take effect immediately, do the following to clear the cache manually.
Note: If you would like to clear the cache of several servers at once, the green screen method is recommended.
On the System
- From the Network Security Main Menu, choose option 1 (Work with Security by Server).
- Next to each server whose cache you want to clear, enter SP (Server Properties).
- Change the 'Network Security rules enforced' flag to N, and press Enter.
- Repeat step 2 - enter SP for the required servers.
- Change the 'Network Security rules enforced' flag Y, and press Enter. The rule(s) will be enforced immediately.
- Choose Network Security from the Insite menu and select Product Configuration.
- Select the server whose cache you want to clear.
- Click No under Enforce Rules and click Save.
- Then go back into the same server and click Yes under Enforce rules and click Save.
- Repeat as necessary for the required servers.
Last Modified On: April 30, 2018